Today In this article, you will find out go sfu login, how to login go sfu portal.
go SFU is the information management system available to Simon Fraser University students, faculty, and staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All SFU students can use goSFU to register for classes, view grades, track degree progress, order transcripts, and apply for graduation.
This guide will show you how to access the SFU login portal, enrol in classes, and use mySchedule.
Well, before we go into the How do I log into go sfu portal? let’s first go over Simon Fraser University.
How Do I Log into Go Sfu Portal?
To gain access to SFU,
- Go to http://www.sfu.ca/.
- Sign in by clicking the Sign in button.
- Enter your username on the CAS login page.
- Please enter your password.
- To access your SFU account, click Sign In.
SFU computing ID?
The username before “@sfu.ca” in your SFU email address is your Computing ID. If your SFU email address is “[email protected],” your Computing ID is “kipling.” It is not the same as the 9-digit student/employee number on your SFU ID card.
Computing ID is your digital key to accessing SFU’s technology services, including Wi-Fi, SFU Mail (email and calendaring), go SFU (course registration, tuition payment), SFU Canvas (lecture materials, assignments, and so on), computer labs, online library service, and a variety of other SFU technology services.
After one year, you will receive an email from IT Services at your SFU email address informing you that your account will be converted to an SFU Limited Access ID in 12 weeks.
Your Computing ID will have limited access to SFU online systems after the 12-week conversion period.
How to Search the Course Catalog in Go SFU?
- Log in to the student information system, SFU.
- Select “Browse Catalog.”
- Choose a season (Spring, Summer, or Fall) to view.
- Go to Choose between “All Courses” and “Courses With Sections Offered.”
- You can use your browser’s search function to look for something specific, or you can use the alpha index (in green) to navigate to the department of your choice.
How to Search for Class Schedule and Space Availability?
You should search the course schedule and plan your programme before enrolling in classes.
Go SFU and select Class Search / Browse Catalog from the left menu, or click on the green “class search” box in the Student Center.
Check that “Simon Fraser University” is chosen as the Institution and that the term you’re looking for is chosen (for example, 004 2022 Fall).
Choose between Search for Classes (the class schedule) and Browse the Catalog (course descriptions).
To refine your search, select the department from the drop-down menu and enter additional information.
Note: If you only want to see classes with available space, check the “Open classes only” option in the Search for Classes. If you want to see full classes as well, uncheck the “Open Classes Only” option box.
To view search results, click the green “Search” button.
Please keep in mind that if you see “Your search will return over 50 classes; would you like to continue?” “Yes/No,” you might want to narrow your search.
To narrow your search, enter “Additional Search Criteria.” You could, for example, search for:
- Class Number
- Course ID
- Mode of Instruction (eg, Distance Ed)
- Class Days
- Begin and End Time
- Last name of the instructor
How to Enroll in Classes via go SFU?
- Enter your computing ID and password to access goSFU.
- Under the Enroll in Classes menu option, look for your Enrollment Appointment.
- Check the Course Catalog to see if the courses you want to take have any prerequisites.
- View Schedule of Classes to see the time, day, and location of your classes.
- If you plan to take courses at different campuses on the same day, we recommend allowing 90 minutes for travel time.
- Enroll in classes on the day of your Enrollment Appointment.
- Two weeks prior to the enrollment period, the course cart is made available.
- Up until the end of the first week, you can add or change classes.
- You can drop classes after enrolling in them, but depending on when you do so, there may be academic and financial repercussions. For details on fines, see deadlines.
- Always check your Schedule of Classes to see if courses have been successfully added, swapped, or dropped after adding, switching, or dropping them.
goSFU includes mySchedule to help you plan and enroll in your ideal schedule. It enables you to graphically view your schedule options, find desired course combinations, and design the best course schedule for you.
mySchedule organizes selected courses into conflict-free timetable options and displays them in a weekly schedule that is easy to read. You can also see if you meet the prerequisites for courses before enrolling.
Log in to Go SFU and select “My Schedule” to access mySchedule.
In this post, we know How Do I Log into Go Sfu Portal, How to Enroll in Classes via go SFU, How to Search for Class Schedule and Space Availability, How to Search the Course Catalog in Go SFU, SFU computing ID.