Find the details about how to make Manda Pitha, manda pitha recipe, manda pitha odia recipe, manda pitha english recipe, suji manda pitha odia recipe, manda pitha odia, manda pitha recipe in odia, Manda Pitha Recipe Ingredients, How to Make Manda Pitha in Odia
About Manda Pitha Recipe
Manda Pitha is a traditional dish that is prepared in Odia households, especially on the occasion of festivals. It finds prominence in the Manabasa Gurubar Puja held in the holy month of Margashir. The traditional variety uses steamed rice flour for the outer covering and coconut and jaggery for the stuffing. Gradually, with the passage of time, some modified forms have also emerged where rice flour is replaced by semolina and jaggery with sugar. Truly typical Odia cuisine.
Manda Pitha Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups ground rice
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup finely grated coconut (Nadia kora)
- 3/4 cup sugar (Chini)
- Thick curdled milk (Chhena
- 5-6 small cardamom (Aleicha)
- 1 tsp black pepper powder (Gol Maricha)
- Salt to taste (Luna)
- 1 cup ghee
How to Make Manda Pitha Recipe in Odia (1st Steps)
- In a hot fry pan, take 2 cups of water (depending quantity of ground rice).
- Add the salt and ½ spoon of ghee.
- Add the ground rice
- Take 5 to 10 minutes to mix properly.
- And slow your Gas power
- When ground rice will be hard.
- Take your pan down, and keep it close for 5 minutes.
Manda Pitha Recipe in Odia (2nd Steps)
In the meantime, you need to do the second step.
- Again In a hot fry pan, add a mix of finely grated coconut.
- And take 5 minutes to mix.
- Add the Thick curdled milk (Chhena)
- Add cardamom and blackpappecorns and mix well.
- Add the 2 cups of sugar and mix.
Manda Pitha Recipe in Odia (3rd Steps)
Once complete your second step. We will go to last step to make manda pitha.
- Take water into a bowl, and apply it to your palm.
- Then start making a round shape manda pitha.
- Prepare 8 to 10 round shapes by rolling them with the help of palms.
- Flatten each ball, and place the mixed coconut in it.
- After adding the mixed coconut. Close the flat balls and carefully give them a round shape again.
- Steam the stuffed balls in a steamer for 3-4 minutes.
- Place them on a sizzler plate and serve hot.
- It can be also served at room -Temperature
You can also prepare another variation of Manda Pitha where semolina is used instead of crushed rice. It is known as Suji Manda. Follow the steps mentioned above. But replace 2 cups of ground rice with 2 cups of semolina. However, use a little more milk (like 4 cups) in this case. For another type of Manda in which wheat flour is used.
Manda Pitha Recipe in Odia Lanague with Picture
Know the details about manda pitha recipe in Odia language.